Hollywood News is your source for breaking news about Hollywood and entertainment, including movies, TV, reviews

Chris Cuomo Says He Chipped a Tooth, Experienced Hallucinations From COVID-19

Chris Cuomo Says He Chipped a Tooth, Experienced Hallucinations From COVID-19

"It was like somebody was beating me like a piñata," the CNN host said of his symptoms.

Chris Cuomo updated viewers about his COVID-19 symptoms during Wednesday's episode of Cuomo Prime Time.

The CNN host said that he dealt with insomnia the night before. "I was up all night," he said. "This virus came at me. I’ve never seen anything like it."

Cuomo added that he had a fever of around 103 degrees "that wouldn't quit."

"It was like somebody was beating me like a piñata," he continued. "And I was shivering so much … I chipped my tooth."

Cuomo also experienced hallucinations. "My dad was talking to me," he said. His late father, former New York governor and Democratic Party figure Mario Cuomo, died in January 2015. "I was seeing people from college, people I haven't seen in forever. It was freaky what I lived through last night, and it may happen again tonight."

Chris Cuomo announced that he had tested positive for the novel coronavirus on Tuesday. "I have been exposed to people in recent days who have subsequently tested positive and I had fever, chills and shortness of breath," he shared on his social media accounts.

"I am quarantined in my basement," he added. "I will do my shows from here. We will all beat this by being smart and tough and united!"

The CNN host has devoted much of his airtime to covering the novel coronavirus pandemic over the past month as the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases have grown in the United States.

Cuomo also discussed his symptoms during Tuesday's episode. "I feel fine. I am able to do the show. You do not want this," he said about his symptoms, which included aches and fevers.

At the time, Cuomo revealed that he wasn't sure how the virus would affect his role as host. "I'm hopefully going to be able to keep doing this show, but I don't know," he said. "I don't know the path forward. The best medicine is to not get it. Prevention."

Recent Posts